Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your first shiny mon?
What were your first shiny pokes, if you ever found any. My first two were in Emerald around a year after the games release, a linoone near the weather institute right outside of one of the bush hidden bases (my home lol) and a zubat inside altering cave. I often searched the cave for encounters due to hearing rumors about it having all sorts of mythic pokemon inside, as I got older I eventually found out it was just meant to distribute gen 2 mons but the distribution never happened.

As a kid, I think I was seven at the time seeing as I'm 24 currently I didn't connect me getting the shiny as a connection to the cave I was somehow smart enough to know it was just a random chance. I'm not sure how long I spent in there, it must of been a long time to encounter a shiny zubat or maybe I was just that lucky. I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking it was a "shiny cave" if they got one in there.

I'm trying to remember what other shinies I had gotten over the years but I genuinely don't remember if I had any others, I've been playing the series up until gen 6, specifically X/Y. I never played Sun / Moon or anything above that. I have gotten the scripted shinies like the red gyarados in Crystal, Gible in Black, and Haxorus in White 2. I also have a shiny Dialga from 2013 around my birthday, it was some Gamestop event, if I recall it was for the entire creation trio but you had to go there on different dates for each pokemon.

I'd like to hear other folks experiences with shinies.